Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mozilla Firefox settings for removing entries from search bar, Offline data, saved ids and passwords, history & cookies from browser

(1) Run Mozilla Firfox.
(2) Go to Tool menu → OptionsPrivacy (tab) → History.
History
Here uncheck (remove "√" symbol from box) following options:
[ ] Keep my history for at least 90 days.
[ ] Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar.
[ ] Remember what I've downloaded.
Private Data
Check (click in the check box so that "√" (right) symbol appears in it i.e. select it) following options:
[√] Always clear my private data when I close Firefox.
[√] Ask me before clearing private data.
(Selecting this option will allow Firefox to display Clear Private Data dialog box
when you close Firefox).
Click Settings (Tab)
Clear private data
When I ask Firefox to clear my private data, it should erase: (Check all of the following options)
[√] Browsing History
[√] Download History
[√] Saved Form and Search History
[√] Cache
[√] Cookies
[√] Offiline Website data
[√] Saved Passwords
[√] Authenticated Sessions
Click [OK]
(3) Go to Security (Tab) → Passwords
Remove checks from the following options:
[ ] Remember passwords for sites
(but before removing check of this option go to Exceptions (tab) and Click [Remove All].
Click [Saved Passwords] and if there is any, click [Remove All] and close.
Click [ OK ] to quit.
When you quit a Clear Private Data dialog box will appear. Just click [Clear Private Data Now].
Now you are all done.
Enjoy safe and secure surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment